As we have announced before, Isfahan Science and Technology Town (ISTT) is going to be the host organization for the 35th IASP world conference in September of 2018. With the conference dates rapidly approaching, the conference organizing committee has been busy coordinating the different events and programs a summary of which is available:
- The registration process has commenced and its early bird period will draw to an end on the 3rd of June, 2018.
- Joan Clos, the former Executive Director of the United Nations Human Settlements Program (UN-Habitat), at the level of Under Secretary General by the United Nations General Assembly (October 2010-December 2017) has been selected as the conference key speaker.
- The conference cultural and technical tours were finalized: Apart from a cultural tour of the beautiful and historical city of Isfahan, 3 simultaneous technical and cultural tours to the cities of Yazd, Fars and Tehran have been organized for the participants to choose amongst.
- All authors of abstracts selected by the steering committee were informed to send in their full papers, the set deadline of which has now come to pass. The sent papers have been evaluated and the remaining decision for oral presentation or publication is scheduled for the next steering committee meeting in May.
- The 2nd conference steering committee meeting has been scheduled and organized to take place from the 6th to 8th of May in Isfahan. All remaining decisions will be discussed and settled during this period.
Isfahan Regional Center for Technology Incubator and Science Park Development (IRIS) under the auspices of UNESCO is a close collaborator and supporter of this conference due to the close relationship between the theme of the conference with the UN development Goals. For more information you can visit the conference website at http://www.iasp2018isfahan.com.